Saturday, June 1, 2019

Snorkeling Holiday in Raja Ampat

I am now in Raja Ampat. It is a regency in West Papua province of Indonesia that has been famous as a beautiful destination for marine lovers. I am at the construction site of RAJA AMPAT FLOW (RAFLOW) Resort in Warduwer beach of Waigeo island. 
Marine Life in Raja Ampat
I spend my time here enjoying snorkeling and birdwatching. The house reef of RAFLOW Resort is in very good condition. It is the natural habitat of thousands of species of marine animals. I see a lot of colorful fish, christmas tree worm, corals, sea star, anemone, sponge, and a lot more. I bring Nikon W300 and Fujifilm XQ2. 
I have to immerse my body and hold my breath in the water so that I could be closer to the marine animals.
Red and Black Anemonefish
Fish are interesting subjects for my picture taking activities. Colorful fish like Moorish Idol, Parrotfish, Butterflyfish, Wrasse, Surgeonfish, and Anemonefish can easily be seen in shallow water of Warduwer beach. 
Blue Sea Star (Linckia laevigata)
Near the forereef slope, there are several species of nemo such as the Orange-skunk Anemonefish, Spinecheek Anemonefish, as well as Red and Black Anemonefish.
Burrowing Clam
The Christmas Tree Worms are colorful too. There are yellow, orange, and blue ones. Because the reef flat area of Warduwer beach is very wide, visitors can easily enjoy snorkeling in the shallow water to see them.
For more advanced snorkelers and freedivers, the marine life in the drop off area is more attractive. 
Christmas Tree Worm
RAFLOW Beach Resort is also a nice place for birdwatching too. In the mornings and in the afternoons, a lot of birds are active in trees and at the beach. Some of them include Palm Cockatoo, Blyth's Hornbill, Rufous-bellied Kookaburra, Eclectus Parrot, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo, Palm Cockatoo, Willie Wagtail, Beach Kingfisher, Pinon Imperial Pigeon, Mimic Honeyeater, and a lot more.
I use Canon 200D with Tamron 150-600 mm to take pictures of them.
Eclectus Parrot
If you are interested in taking a snorkeling holiday in Raja Ampat and want me to be your guide, please, contact me (Charles Roring) by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or by whatsapp to: +6281332245180.

No comments:

Translate