Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Birding Walk in Waigeo Island of Raja Ampat

There is a good place in Waigeo island that is suitable for birdwatchers who cannot go hiking up steep slopes. Its name is Warduwer beach. It is the place where Raja Ampat Flow (RAFLOW) Resort is located.
Eclectus Parrot (Eclectus roratus)
Eclectus Parrot
This afternoon I did some birding walk along the beach and parking area of the resort that was being constructed. I saw some interesting birds such as Pinon Imperial Pigeon, Palm Cockatoo, Eclectus Parrot, and Puff-backed Honeyeater, White-breasted Wood Swallow, Spangled Drongo, Brahminy Kite and etc.
Palm Cockatoo
I used my camera Canon 200D and telephoto lens 150--600 mm to take pictures of them. These tropical birds were beautiful.
Besides birdwatching, the house reef in front of the RAFLOW Resort is the natural habitat of a lot of species of fish including stonefish, wobbegong, butterflyfish, parrotfish, wrasse, catfish, clownfish and moorish idol.
I really like this beach .
Willie Wagtail
If you are interested in traveling to Raja Ampat islands, I highly recommend that you stay at RAFLOW Resort because it is suitable for birdwatchers, snorkelers or beach lovers.
Please, contact me by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or by whatsapp to: +6281332245180.

No comments:

Translate