Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Raja Ampat Snorkeling

I often organize snorkeling tour in Raja Ampat for visitors who want to see colorful fish and coral reef of this archipelago. The duration of the trip is usually from 3 to 7 days depending on the time which visitors spend for their holiday. 
Marine Life in Warduwer beach of Raja Ampat
Reef and Fish at Warduwer beach of Waigeo island
Places which have been my favorite sites are Warduwer beach, Gam Karst, Yenbuba, Mansuar and Arborek. There are still a lot of places which also have got pristine marine life.
My Underwater Camera
To take pictures of the fish, and other sea creatures, I bring Nikon W300 or Fujifilm XQ2 which I put inside a waterproof case.
Wobbegong Fish at Warduwer Beach in Waigeo island
Wobbegong at Warduwer beach of Raja Ampat
Interesting Reef Fish
Wobbegong, stonefish and lionfish are targets of underwater photography but they must not be approached too close so as not to provoke them. There are also other fish such as Moorish Idol, Butterflyfish, Striped Surgeonfish which are colorful and not dangerous. Barracuda that is considered as a dangerous predator should be seen from safe distance too.
Sealife at Warduwer beach of Raja Ampat
In big underwater rocks, I often see burrowing clams, and Christmas Tree Worms that are very beautiful. They have blue, yellow, orange, brown and red colors. To take pictures of them I use macro-setting of my camera. Very slowly I moved closer to the worms. If I make sudden movements in the water, the worms will hide themselves in their holes.
Blue Burrowing Clam in Waigeo of Raja Ampat
Burrowing Clam at Warduwer beach
More often the subjects such as Pink Anemonefish, Red and Black Anemonefish, and Spinecheek Anemonefish that I want to photograph are located around 3 to 10 meters below the surface. In this case, freediving is my solution. Freediving photography in coral reef is my favorite activity. Holding breath in deeper water while taking pictures is a challenging. However, because of continuous practices, I could stay a little bit longer in the water to make more pictures.
Snorkeling Gear
My snorkeling gear is a set of mask, snorkel and fins. Its brand is whale. I apply a drop of liquid soap  mixed with water to the glass surface of the mask to prevent fogging when I freedive. Most of the underwater photographs in this blog were made while freediving.
Red and Black Anemonefish (Amphiprion melanopus)
Red and Black Anemonefish
If you are interested in taking a snorkeling holiday in Raja Ampat and want me to organize your tour, please, contact me by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or by whatsapp to: +6281332245180.

No comments:

Translate