Monday, February 26, 2018

Binoculars for Wildlife Watching

Visionking 10x42 mm multi purpose binoculars
Binoculars are essential for wildlife watching when we go hiking in the forest. I personally use a good pair of Visionking 10x42 mm binoculars. It is equipped with Bak4 roof prism, Field of View: 303 feet@ 1000 yards with central focusing. They are light and small enough to carry. They are not the best but they can give me sharp images of birds and wild animals that are flying or perching on the branches of high trees.
Because I work as birdwatching guide, I had the opportunities of trying other binoculars that are carried by birdwatchers. I used to try Nikon EDG 8×42 binoculars. These birding optics are made of Extra Low Dispersion glass lenses. Although the magnification is smaller than my Visionking. The quality of the images is crisp and superior. I can say that the Nikon EDG 8×42 binoculars are one of the best wildlife binoculars that I have ever tried.
Recently, I also tried a pair of Swarovski SLC 10×42 WB. The binoculars belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Buttiker. They were birdwatchers who came from Switzerland. I guided them to Arfak mountains to watch Vogelkop Bowerbird, Western Parotia, Green-backed Robin, female Black Siklebill, Feline Owlet-nightjar, and Bronze Ground Dove. Their Swarovski binoculars greatly enhanced their birding experience.
It was rainy season in Arfak mountains when I and the Swiss couple went birding in along the unpaved road in the forest. I was impressed with the performance of the Swarovski SLC 10×42 WB binoculars. They were very sturdy and well fit in my grip.

Bird and Wildlife Tour
I offer bird and wildlife tour for visitors who are interested in adventure trip to Arfak mountains, Klasow valley, Tambrauw Mountains and Raja Ampat Regency. Please, contact me (Charles Roring) by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or whatsapp: +6281332245180.

Related article: Wildlife Binoculars

No comments:

Translate